View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 12:57 PM   #101
Hellis
Dojo: Ellis Schools of Traditional Aikido
England
Re: No Competition in Aikido(excluding Tomiki)

[quote=Keith Larman;

So I'll continue to take notes and get back to reading Dr. Goldsbury's latest installment. Fantastic stuff as usual.

I guess my point is this -- there are people here speaking to some of the best authorities alive on some of these topics, often with direct, relevant, and decades long experience. And yet it appears to be easier for some to continue with their own carefully constructed world-views based on, well, not much at all except small snippets of stuff someone else translated. I suggest that those people might want to consider starting up their own art calling it whatever they wish if they feel their insights are so overwhelmingly important and relevant to the world today. But if you're going to start making claims about what Ueshiba said or meant, or what Tomiki said or meant, well, maybe you should have a little more than what you got from selective reading of just a tiny percentage of the writings of these people. And maybe it would be good to pay more attention to what others with a vastly broader background are telling you.

Then again... I'm not holding my breath... So carry on.[/QUOTE]

Keith

I totally agree with everything you say, in particular the part posted above. appreciated.

Henry Ellis
Co- author ` Positive Aikido`
http://aikido-bracknell.blogspot.com/