View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 09:12 AM   #93
akiy

Re: "Non-Aikido Martial Traditions" Forum

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
Discussions of ki and aiki ...are...discussions of aikido, and that is the basis of our discussions here. It's puzzling for me to see it placed in Non-Aikido Martial Traditions, when your entire art is based on it.
I'll just quote something that you, yourself, wrote, Dan:
Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
I think Juns point is precise though.
a) Talk about aiki training in context of aikido, how it relates, in the larger forums.
b) Talk about where it came from or how it used in other arts in the Non-Aikido forum.
And, to quote myself (which feels funny):
Quote:
Jun Akiyama wrote: View Post
I am very happy to have people discussing historical, technical, and other aspects of arts outside of aikido and how it relates to aikido in the general aikido forums here -- as long as those discussions are focused on their relationship to aikido. Once it starts to focus outside of aikido, I believe the discussion should be moved to the Non-Aikido Martial Traditions forum. As I have written in the past, I created the AikiWeb Forums for people to discuss the art of aikido and their experiences in the art. There may be many influences that people have had in their experiences that have helped elucidate certain elements of their aikido practice. I sure have. And, I'm frankly happy to hear people discussing their experiences from non-aikido sources in the general forums -- as long as they discuss how their experiences relate directly to their on-going aikido practice.
Lastly, to quote myself again:
Quote:
Jun Akiyama wrote: View Post
Hi folks,

Can you please take discussions not pertaining directly to the formation of the "Non-Aikido Martial Traditions" forum outside of this thread? Thanks.
-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!