View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #35
RonRagusa
Dojo: Berkshire Hills Aikido
United_States
Re: to ki or not to ki

Quote:
Keith Larman wrote: View Post
What is this "correct feeling" you speak of?
Correct feeling is me being aware of how I feel (not the emotional type of feelings) when I am centered, which I am when I have mind and body coordinated. You might ask, all well and good but how do you acquire all this centeredness and coordination of mind and body? We have a rather large syllabus of exercises that we practice in order to hone our awareness of how mind and body can be integrated when we are performing the exercises correctly. The exercises are based on Tohei's original Ki tests, but have been expanded to include stuff that Maruyama sensei developed as well as exercises that Mary and I have developed ourselves over the years. There are solo, partnered stationary, partnered motion and weapons exercises. So when I speak of Ki development work I'm referring to the work we do with these conditioning exercises.

Quote:
Keith Larman wrote: View Post
And yet we tend to allow those who want to explain it in mystical, unscientific, unsupportable terms a free pass...
Yeah, well there's nothing mystical or other-worldly about our training. It's all pretty straight forward do it and keep doing it until you get it and then do it some more.

Ron