View Single Post
Old 07-13-2004, 03:30 PM   #105
Michael Neal
Re: Tales of Judo Sparring Aikidoists

Quote:
Many in class injured themselves and developed a fear ... ?
Once again Michael you appear to be studying in an alternate-reality Aikidoland.
No not really

Quote:
And again,if we were to indulge in that silly game, for someone being picky on exactness, 1/6 = 16.6%, not 25% , which is an estimate that the poll, on which you rely, does not support.
LOL, no the poll suggested more than 1 in 6 could not do breakfalls, I expanded on that and said even more could do breakfalls somewhat but only under a controlled setting. This is from my own experiences.

Quote:
Don't you feel like you want to punch this entire thread in the face, Michael ? Feel your hatred, my son.
No not angry, actually I am having a lot of fun

Quote:
If I didn't have that awareness, I would've kept sankyo'ing him till the end of time instead of dropping it after the first time.
Yea Ok

Quote:
So, if there's no real way to test the skills against Judoka (asides from a life-and-death competition between two not-very-bright individuals), then where exactly did you get your marvelous assumptions ?
From every point made so far in this thread and in my own experiences doing randori with Aikidoka. I did not mean there was no way to test the skills without a death match but it would be much more honest to not pull illegal moves while the other guy is fighting under guidelines and then claim that Aikido works against Judo.

Last edited by Michael Neal : 07-13-2004 at 03:35 PM.