View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 01:37 PM   #38
gregstec
Dojo: Aiki Kurabu
United_States
Re: Video definitions, "Aiki" and other terms.

Quote:
Budd Yuhasz wrote: View Post
Greg, I appreciate the personal and revealing explanation, even if i don't really buy into that model as a method of study or transmission..
Well, as been said many times: "Your mileage may vary..."

You asked a question and I answered it. I did not put that information out there for acceptance nor approval from anyone. It is simply what works for me and I have skills that have been developed from it as well as skills that continue to grow from additional methods that support and compliment the basic method.

When you are younger, peer acceptance is of major importance. However, as you progress down the path of life, it becomes significantly less and less - eventually, you get to the point where it really means absolutely nothing - for those out there that are in their 20s, 30s, and 40s, you may start to realize this when you get past your mid 50s and older

What is important is the open minded sharing. Of course, not everyone will see things the same as you, but maybe your thoughts, and/or experiences, may get them thinking in another perspective - that is how we intellectually grow as a society. Just think about how boring and un-challenging life would be if everyone thought alike because everyone agreed with everyone else - that would just drive me into the mountains to be a hermit where I could commune with the kami