View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 06:14 AM   #2
Dennis Good
United_States
Re: How do I attempt to change that?

I've been thinking about this lately due to topics that have come up in recent threads. I will use an analogy that a lot of people can relate to. I'm the king of analogies by the way. Now to the meat of the post. Weight loss, this is something that I've had to deal with and many other people as well. I WANT to lose weight, I want to be 210 pounds of solid rippling Greek god-like muscle. That is my IDEAL. Unfortunately I am not there yet. I have the muscle I want, it's just covered up. Why is that? Because from time to time and more often than not I want that piece of cake or that ice cream. I have definitely made progress toward my Ideal but not there yet. Only when I make my Ideal want more important than all the other little wants will I achieve my goal. What I've found is you can say you WANT something, but until you make the decision to achieve it and follow through, you will be doing nothing but saying you want it. Making that decision is something that must come from inside us. No external force can make us stick with the path towards our goal. Only when we are truly ready will it happen. I hope that helps and gives you something to think about even though its not an answer to your problem.