View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 09:26 PM   #1
Chris Parkerson
Dojo: Academy of the Martial Arts
United_States
6th Degree Judo Coach H.A.L. von Luebbert Street-style Judo Seminar - Ohio

Hal Von Luebbert will instruct a ju jitsu clinic July 24-25-26 at "The Mojo". The Mojo is the home dojo of "Just This Aikido" run by Moe Stevens. The Mojo is just south of Grove City, Ohio and is a new 2100 sq. ft., climate controlled, fully matted dojo. The three day clinic will consist of five teaching sessions scheduled as follows:

Friday
7:00 PM -- 9:00 PM

Saturday
9:00 AM -- 12:00PM
1:30 PM -- 4:30 PM
5:00 PM -- 7:00 PM

Sunday
10:00 AM -- 1:00 PM
(or till you have mastered the curriculum taught)

Hal is a most unusual and accomplished person, whom you will thoroughly enjoy. He has competed in over 1000 certified judo, Wrestling and Sambo matches, is a former Olympic judo coach, is a former CIA field operative, was one of the first developers of SWAT tactics, has taught police science and has refined the 2-on-1 series for grappling into varied police and street applications. His 2-on-1 series is called the "21 grip" series. I have studied martial arts for 42 years, coached high school wrestling for 25 years and I was blown away by the effectiveness and versatility to which Hal has taken this series. I now teach it in all my wrestling, ju jitsu, and aikido classes. I am sure you will be amazed by the many variations of this technique, its ease of application, and its success in competition.

The weekend long clinic will cost $100.00. I will supply water during breaks, but you can bring your own fluids if you prefer. There is no pre registration. There are hotels close by but anyone who wants to sleep on the mats may do so free of charge (bring your own sleeping bag). A gi is preferable for learning the basic system. Non-jacketed applications will be presented as well.

Contact me (Moe Stevens) at mastevems@columbus.rr.com if you plan on attending and I will send you directions to The Mojo and a list of area hotels with phone numbers. After Saturday night's session we will have a buffet served at The China Bell, a local restaurant; the cost will be $20.00.

Please forward this to any and all students of martial arts and grappling you know. Everyone is welcome.
If you have any questions please contact me at:
Moe Stevens
1470 Hiner Rd
Orient, OH 43146
mastevens@columbus.rr.com