View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 07:06 PM   #58
jdm4life
United_States
Re: How do i know when i can feel KI?

'Since I came to you master, you have never given me any instruction.' 'How can you say that I've never given you any instruction? When you brought me tea, didn't I drink it? When you brought me rice, didn't I eat it? When you saluted me, didn't I return the salutation? How can you say that I haven't instructed you?' And the student said, 'Master, I don't understand.' And he said, 'If you want to understand, see into it directly, but when you begin to think about it, it is altogether missed.'

Forget about it......you will probably be better off just practicing each week and putting energy into that and not analysing.

Im not really sure what its about but I just got frustrated trying to find out.....I just thought #$%# it.........have a good stance, head up, move and keep moving....thats all I am working with currently, that way I dont get too frustrated trying to understand too much at once. Each week I pick one thing to have in mind when practicing, or rather.....remind myself of this one thing.....to practice, simple things like keeping my head up.......or not forgetting to move and not stopping that movement once its started, even if it goes wrong along the way....keep moving and do something else. Sounds simple but I think less is more, relax...thats a tough one, I could spend months on that alone............trying to unlearn conditioned reactions isnt that straightforward. The limbic system response has a strong pull and is a big hurdle.

The breath can keep you out of the head and focused on what you are doing.....or rather.....being aware of the breath by feeling it happen...bit like in meditation, they use the breath as one technique that brings your attention into the present, not past or future...ie not thinking....chatter in the skull...thats like experiencing reality in a similar way to using a torch in a dark room, you can only concentrate or experience that room in one small point at a time.....if it was floodlit it would ve a completely different experience.......the mind is a useful tool but often all it does is adds complexity to experience, with complexity comes confusion and frustration.......not sure what the point is I am trying to make......but thats ok too.

Last edited by jdm4life : 01-26-2016 at 07:08 PM.