View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 02:04 PM   #33
DH
United_States
Re: Progression of Hip/Lower torso movement

Quote:
Are you talking about a tendancy for people to always keep same side hand and foot forward?
No, not at all.
Quote:
Does this relate more to any particular phase of the engagement
?
Nope.
Quote:
I'd really appreciate anything you have to offer on this...of course, as it relates specifically to the hips and hara.
Why bother.
Been there, done that.. no thanks. What is the real point in debating physical understanding with people who (while they can't do anything meaningful in person), love to debate things they are completely incapable of, then get upset when you told them the truth all along. It's always been that way in budo, right. So you have some competent people debating people who are nothing more than good writers, with a new venue...the internet.
I know a better way. Meet, compare and be nice to each other. Debate it, while you're trying to remain vertical in front of me. Then we will both know just who actually knew what they were talking about all along and no one is upset. Then, like before, we will laugh, have fun to boot and talk about how much we both still suck!
Seems a better way to "debate" physical movement is in person.

Here's is quote for you from 1925
Aiki and it mysteries can never be encompassed by the brush or by mouth. Do not rely on words to grasp it. Attain enlightenment through practice..... Ueshiba M.

Another more succinct one if from Taiji
I know them, but they do not know me...
Read as "I feel, sense and control their centers
But they cannot find mine."
How do you successfully debate that...in writing? Imagine those two guys (real experts) trying to debate with some of the folks on the internet.
All the best
Dan

Last edited by DH : 09-19-2011 at 02:15 PM.