View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 07:27 AM   #91
Lee Salzman
Re: why do people search outside Aikido for IS?

Mary, you know what, re-reading my statements. I sincerely apologize. I was categorically a dickhead and had no right to say what I said. I should have considered what I said more thoroughly, but I will avoid pursuing the matter because I don't want to dig my hole any further. Okay?

Quote:
Mary Malmros wrote: View Post
Wow. I just don't know where to begin with everything that is so desperately wrong with this paragraph.

How do you know I'm "running in the same circles"? Perhaps the same authority that has apparently gifted you with the power to define what "excelling" is, and to judge whether or not it is a "priority" for someone else, also gave you the authority to define whether or not someone is "running in the same circles"?

I explained this once already, Lee; did you really not get it? It's really not that hard, and the difference between "impossible" and "taking resources that I choose to spend elsewhere" is really not that subtle.

I really think you need to work on your diction.

You're wrong.

I'm not debating anything. I'm saying how it is. You can take it or leave it, but I'm not in the business of making sense to you. I'm not interested in jumping on the IS bandwagon; life's too short for me to do everything I might be somewhat interested in, I have to pick and choose, and frankly, there are some toxic personalities waving that banner that I don't want to have anything to do with. That's all the reason I need not to go there.