View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 06:09 PM   #50
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
England
Re: Who's missing out? (On "Promotion and advertising" rhetoric)

Quote:
Travers Hughes wrote: View Post
Graham, as an advertiser and promoter, I have chosen to take offence to your overriding assertion that advertising is forcing your opinion on someone else due to your projection of this very device. It is true that SOME advertisers do this. The EFFECTIVE ones do not. I'm interested to hear of your experiences in the marketing and advertising field that has led you to such an opinion?
I;m not trying to be argumentative - I have difficulty understanding your post(s) and would like to be able to contribute to a constructive dialogue better.
There is bad advertising out there in buy-me-now-land. As a consumer, it is our responsibility to filter out the unnecessary - rather like our practice, wouldn't you think?
FYI - I don't own a Blu-ray player - don't need one. Guess that message got lost on me?
Cheers
Thanks and regards,
Hi Travers. You take offence do you? Well I hope you don't blame me for it is your choice.

Having said that I am only too happy to discuss the topic with you.

Your 'joke' about not owning a blu ray player actually agrees with what I say in the OP. You were quite happy and confident in what you already had. Thus on that particular subject you were not vulnerable or insecure.

Hopefully that clears up that point.

As to my experience it would be quite a lot to write and then as to your other point about responsibility to filter out then on that I would say that is not responsibility or rather primary responsibility either.

So I will answer those two things shortly.

Peace.G.