View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 08:20 PM   #15
Peter Goldsbury

Dojo: Hiroshima Kokusai Dojo
Japan
Re: Transmission, Inheritance, Emulation 15

Quote:
Chuck Clark wrote: View Post
If you ever get around the Seattle area, please stop by. Phil Relnick is here along with Ellis and George; and it would be fun to get together.

Best regards,
Hello Chuck,

I met Phil Relnick many years ago at the annual budo seminar held at the International Budo University in Chiba Prefecture. I was his partner for some sword practice ("experiencing a new budo") and I still remember the look of horror on his face. Perhaps my aiki-ken training intruded too much.

As for coming to the US, well, the new IAF General Secretary lives in Colorado and so it is more likely that I will visit the US in the not too distant future. This year the meeting will be in the Netherlands and next year in Moscow, so it is likely that 2011 will be the year I visit the US.

I am intrigued by your reference to M Nakazono and wonder if he talked the same way as he wrote. When I first read his books, I thought that what he was stating was original. It was not until I had looked at the works of Shido Yamaguchi and Koji Ogasawara that I saw that Nakazono Sensei drew particularly on Ogasawara's writings. By coincidence, a student in the Comparative Rhetoric class I am teaching in Hiroshima has an interest in kotodama and has also studied Ogasawara. We will compare notes next week. It really is arcane stuff, by the way.

Best wishes,

PAG

P A Goldsbury