Thread: Tenchi nage
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 06:04 AM   #17
philippe willaume

United Kingdom
Re: Tenchi nage

Quote:
Dalen Johnson wrote: View Post
Yes, Im on a roll...but then again Im testing in about a month...or less.

So Im trying to figure out the practicality of some of these moves so I can remember them better as well as better execute them.
Moves that dont seem to work, I have no real reference point to remember. (Talking more of Kokyu Nage - though Im sure Im going to remember that now. I guess the move comes from more of a sword technique...enough on that, as thats in another thread here in the techniques page.)

On to Tenchi Nage.
This basically looks like a wrestling move.
You go up, and move Ukes arm to the outside (in gyaku Hanmi katate tori) and then take your other arm and 'ram' it in his neck to make him fall. (Well not literally ram it), but it seems like an inverse iriminage of sorts.

Any input into this and things to watch for and how to improve technique would be helpful.

Peace

dAlen
hello
I do not know if that will helps this how I understand it.
Anyway moving your arm is to break his posture and open him up.
You will have to move to the side (so that you get out direct punches and kicks

as you do that start an uppercut, in training missing his head is considered good manners.
As you pass near his neck/moving forward wind your uppercut as if you wanted to point downwards with the index (or wanted to see your watch behind his head)
Due to his head being smacked back (or in our case moved back with co-operation) the now downward pointing arms. You can make him fall by completing you movement forward.

phil

One Ringeck to bring them all and in darkness bind them,
In the Land of Windsor where phlip phlop live.