View Single Post
Old 04-18-2002, 12:31 PM   #16
Kat.C
Quote:
Originally posted by Erik
[b]

That's certainly not an untried experiment. Nor, is pot and various forms of hallucinogens untried in this game. You should read up on Terry Dobsen if you get the chance. I don't know if he ever went past pot but I know of others that have. Ellis Amdur does a section in his book on Terry and his pre-practice preparation.

I've had a beer before class and frankly even in low quantities, like one, it mucks up your motor skills. I'm 200 pounds by the way. I would never consider it at this point and would take a dim view of anyone doing it today. Alcohol, for what my opinion is worth is much worse than pot but frankly both are pretty uncool and irresponsible to the safety of your partners.

Alcohol could be quite a topic if we wanted to go there.
I believe Damien meant it as a joke, as I did when I responded to his post. I really wouldn't ever consider doing something like that, it would be as stupid as driving while intoxicated.
Having said that I now wish to apologise for continuing on with the joke as I realize in retrospect that it was in poor taste. I am amazed that anyone would ever do something like that, my sensei (karate) would have kicked someone out of the dojo for drinking before coming to class. I assume the same would happen at my aikido dojo. I did not realise it was a real issue and am sorry that offense was caused by joking about such a serious issue.

Kat

I find the aquisition of knowledge to be relatively easy, it is the application that is so difficult.