View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 06:29 PM   #186
Shadowfax

Dojo: Allegheny Aikido, Pitsburgh PA
United_States
Re: New Internal Style of The Wooden Staff

Well I'm no senior but I am a woman so perhaps I can please Mr Ledyard a little. I have been following this thread for the past few days as I kinda wondered how the OP would be received. I have given a lot of thought to both sides of the argument not to mention enjoying all of the little side trips the tread has taken, especially in the realm of IT whihch I have recently had the pleasure to begin exploring.

Anyway here is my thoughts on the matter.

When I was looking for my aikido sensei I took the time to talk to the teachers and get to know their character. And indeed they were wonderful people to get to know. But I did not just take the fact that they were wonderful people with good intentions into account when choosing them to be my sensei. I looked at their teachers and their background and where they came from. I think if I found out that my teacher had done something like this in respect to his own teacher I just could no longer respect him. I could not choose someone to guide me in my own growth as a martial artist who had acted in such a manner. I would be embarrassed to call such a person my sensei.

It would take an awful lot to make me change my mind. And it would take the person being admitted back into grace by his own seniors at the very least.

I also note that this discussion contains the full real name of each member including the OP. Something we are all very aware of when we post our own contributions. I recall looking up my teachers past discussions here on aikiweb in order to get to know him when I first began training. The OP's future aspiring students may very well do the same. The words posted here will be available for many years to come to anyone who looks for information regarding this person.

I think enough has been said on the subject. Don't you?

Last edited by Shadowfax : 02-14-2011 at 06:32 PM.