View Single Post
Old 10-14-2002, 02:11 PM   #13
giriasis
Dojo: Sand Drift Aikikai, Cocoa Florida
United_States
Quote:
Wrong, wrong, wrong! Lay down and die? No way!!! Anonymous has an infinite number of possible courses of action.
Whoa, boy!

Mike, I did not say that he has to lay down and die. Where did I say that in my post? Did you even read the rest of my post after the quote? I put that there for a reason.

To reiterate...

My point was that his problem is with his sensei and wants to change his sensei's ways. The first step is to understand where his sensei is coming from. It is up to the sensei to listen to him and decide whether to change the classes, but that is NOT something Anonymous can do.

Your example describes what Anonymous can do to change his OWN behavior. Yes, these options are infinite. But he can't do much to change his SENSEI'S or FELLOW STUDENT'S behavior. That is what I'm talking about. He can't change other people, including his sensei, no matter how hard he tries. The option to change others is not infinite

This is about learning what one's boundaries are and what one really is empowered to do and has the capability to do.

I agree with Lynn, one really should be focused on their own training rather than others.

Anne Marie Giri