View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 05:57 PM   #23
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: Mysteries of tai chi

Quote:
Johann Baptista;251980but how would [B wrote:
you[/b] hop back if you were pushed?
Probably not at all, if I wanted to make a point. Or if I really wanted to make a point, I'd make him go backwards when he tried it. If I was fully engaged in seeing exactly how someone does something, I'd probably let myself go too far, but hey.. that's what an investigative set-of-mind does sometimes.
Quote:
To take the matter further, how do you even know how a person would hop back if hit with "chi energy"?
Depends on what you're calling "chi energy". I'll let you show me yours if you'll let me show you mine.
Quote:
Its strange; do we really have to have Michael suspend himself from a rope (a noose? ) and push back another guy on a rope to demonstrate that he's telling the truth?
Good point. I'd love to see what Phillips does when he doesn't have his feet on the ground. I think he'd appreciate the term "groundpath" a little more than he does, if he gave it a try. I notice in one of his vids that he's suddenly aware of "grounding" (as in "groundpath"), something he trivialized in archived past comments.
Quote:
The point made that some people are trainned to jump back at anything is a good one but some of those guys looked to be pushing very hard. (They could have been faking that too .)
Well usually I like to hear more physical reasoning in discussions. But after all, this isn't my forum.

FWIW

Mike Sigman