Thread: Strength vs Ki.
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 11:13 AM   #138
Tony Wagstaffe
United Kingdom
Re: Strength vs Ki.

Quote:
Jonathan Olson wrote: View Post
I don't buy the argument that there are lots of guys out there holding back negative comments because they don't want to admit they have been taken. Complete frauds are usually quickly taken to account.

You calling others frauds without having seen their wares is not a good way of "chipping away", it is needlessly confrontational and will break bridges to people who may have more to offer than you, or I, know.

Truth is you come across not as someone keeping a open but sceptical mind, but more as someone who has made up his mind already.
And @ John

I've made my mind up about you's..... And all those who seem to be fans of Desperate Dan..... No one has explained what they have learned from DD or how it might have affected their "aikido" just about what may look fake if a video was put up? How do you know? I might even be quite complimentary. I like some of the stuff that Ark from Aunkai has shown in his video and one can see what he is doing. I have some stuff on my channel but it maybe that it's not up to your expectations. I keep my stuff simple and straight forward, nothing extra sensory or anything like that. I'm sure you have seen it all before. As for isometrics anyone can do them, anytime, anyplace. anywhere...... I call them the "martini" exercises. It isn't difficult once you get the hang of it. One can find tons of isometric exercises on youtube. You can even do them while sat in a car or watching the "box" how hard you make them or how you do them is entirely up to you, what ever suites your needs....
I was first introduced to it during my service with the R.N. and packed on muscle fairly quick. It was a good alternative to weight training as room on-board her majesties frigates at that time was at a premium
By the ways I often lent my torn up worn out old blackbelt to my students when they had forgotten to bring theirs. I always asked them with a smile did they feel any different wearing it? Sometimes a blush, sometimes a sheepish grin..... then put on my spare white belt........ took ukemi for them and even bought the beers for them afterwards if they were skint.....

Just to point out that I believe I was in Nippon when DD was doing his seminar here in the UK so would not have been able to attend anyways, but there you go can't be in two places at once.....

Last edited by Tony Wagstaffe : 06-14-2011 at 11:21 AM.