View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 08:51 PM   #349
Budd

Dojo: Taikyoku Budo & Kiko - NY, PA, MD
United_States
Re: Internal Power Development Methods

Quote:
Robert M Watson Jr wrote: View Post
Correct breath methods alone can produce the desired results (of correct breath work) without any need to mention the fascia.
Pursuant to Internal Power Development Methods, what would you say are the desired results that can be achievable by correct breath work? What would you describe as correct breath work? I'm asking because I'm very curious how you can assert something so definitively, when lots of posts keep mentioning how important it is to train the connective tissue.

Quote:
Robert M Watson Jr wrote: View Post
If not then what does one need to know about the fascia (or other connective tissues) to be more 'correct' and realize results (better or faster, etc)?
Maybe there's a very telling reason why connective tissue, fascia, etc. keep getting mentioned as parts to condition, along with breath, etc. . . and the answers you've been given should be enough to get you started looking in the right direction.

I think there's more meat in discussions of "how" you condition the connective tissue -- which have already been touched on somewhat with talk of "held tensions", "postures", "stretching" in conjunction with breathwork . . in addition to the importance of not using local muscles . . so if you aren't using local muscle then how are you moving? Ki/Qi? How are you manifesting that, then?