View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 08:53 PM   #40
Dai Zhi Qiang
New Zealand
Re: Uses of the Hara within different traditions

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote: View Post
I'm taking the liberty of splitting two sentences you ran together. The pertinent sentence is this one above because it essentially refers to a principle that tracks back to Yin-yang, Heaven-Earth-Man. Liu He is a tenet of "natural movement" which far preceeds Ji Long Feng. Six-Harmonies movement is based on the core principles of Yin-Yang, Ren-Du meridians, and so on. Ji Long Feng did not invent this anymore than he invented Yin-Yang and the Muscle-Tendon Channels. Liu-He is from these basics, not Xinyi. Hmmmm. This is too much of a basic principle for me to have to debate. It's sort of like the basic qi/jin skills.... there has to be a reasonable threshold to the argument before it's worthwhile to engage in. My suggestion is that you take a moment to understand that "natural movement" has a lot to do with Liu He. Ji Long Feng did not invent this... he simply used it in his art.

Regards,

Mike Sigman
If we are talking about Chinese philosophy (which terminology was adopted by Kung Fu styles later on) than yes, Wu Ji, Yin Yang, San Cai, Si Xiang, Ba Gua, Liu He, etc, etc predate the Ming, but these theories have nothing to do with martial arts originally.

Liu He as expressed in Chinese philosophy refers to the top, bottom and 4 directions. Shaolin Liu He Quan uses this theory and later adopted the same theory from XYLHQ from what I have been told.

Jon.