View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #7
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
England
Re: Spiritual and i/p

Quote:
Christopher Li wrote: View Post
Well, there's still a lot of restricted information, although things have opened up quite a bit compared to past years. Also, there really aren't all that many people who are both willing and able to teach this stuff, so it's not quite that easy.

In any case, I see that you have some pretty firm opinions about what people are doing even though you haven't, despite multiple offers and invitations, ever come out to feel it.

I touched on it a little bit here and again here, but the idea that Morihei Ueshiba originated a new purpose to martial training involving peace and enlightenment is demonstrably false.

That paradigm has existed for thousands of years, in many lands.

No one going backwards around here...I thought that we were being accused of being too forwards.

Best,

Chris
Haven't come out to meet it? Please...... Despite multiple offers?........Good joke.

There's only been one person I've said no to. I said on numerous occasions I've 'felt' plenty of internal stuff over the years. In fact I'm surprised how it appears many of you hadn't. So don't bother with the get out and meet type of responses.

As it happens I have met one person who has trained once or twice with Dan for example. The only difference with that is the method of teaching and learning and practicing it is it not?

Many different aspects, many different people with different internal skills, none equalled anything like what I call Aikido.

I've been more impressed with some who have never done any martial art actually or some who have been confused by it and asked what to do. That's my experience.

I use the same type of response to those who come saying or asking about a martial expert or an I/P expert or a spiritual master of some kind or other, it makes no difference to me. I merely ask 'what good do they do with it in life?' 'Who do they help?' That's all. For to me if they don't use it in that way then I'm not interested or impressed and see it merely as a waste of time. As you may imagine I meet many, many spiritual people who can ask all kinds of strange questions and 'what ifs'. I still say the same. If a 'Kami' appeared in front of me and performed all kinds of miraculous feats I still wouldn't be impressed for I would merely ask the same question. If you're not improving self, not helping others and having fun as well then why are you here is my view. Simples........

Peace.G.