Old 11-15-2011, 11:34 AM   #337
Ken McGrew
Dojo: Aikido at UAB
United_States
Re: Ueshiba's Aiki

Quote:
Keith Larman wrote: View Post
Yup.

I remember when I was a minor I got a speeding ticket. I was righteously indignant for all sorts of reasons (he couldn't have gauged my speed that accurately, he didn't have time to do it, he was too far away, .... ). So my dad said "Okay, go argue it if you feel that way." So I go in to talk with the juvenile traffic judge. He listens to me for about 15 seconds then interrupts me. He said "Excuse me, son, but were you speeding?" I sat there for a moment and said "Well, yes, but " then he cut me off, told me my fine, and suggested I work a bit harder on staying under the speed limit. Next case!
We have a group of people who want to dominate conversations about Aikido on the international stage. When the evidence they present is questioned with logic and counter-evidence, they resort to repeated personal attacks, disparaging remarks, and now this. I have contacted Jun repeatedly about this. Because he hasn't responded, I will.

My case was take up by the Wisconsin Supreme Court... unheard of in recent decades for a case of this nature. The Supreme Court overruled the appeals court on the issue of the constitutional right to a jury trial. From now on, in that state, the right to a jury will always be constitutionally guaranteed and will never be less than 6 persons. We have seen the right to a jury trial eroded in this country in ways that were never intended. Do you know, for example, that the right has been taken away in many jurisdictions for non-criminal matters, reduced to a jury of only 6 in many and in our federal system, even in criminal matters? The very term jury since the dawn of law referred to 12 persons. This matters for obvious reasons. And yes, I admit there is a lot of Thomas Jefferson in me.