View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 01:53 PM   #93
Bernd Lehnen
Germany
Re: Are you invincible if you possess Aiki?

Cady at least you have a clue, though I don't now, where or who you got it from.

Well,
it's nothing new that there will be always people who will think that what they know is all about there is. And, of course some of them talk about O-Sensei's aikido as if they had made it their own, after many, many years of diligent practice. Nothing to sneeze at, many years of diligent practice, but some of them, most of them I guess, never have felt, what we call aiki. So they can't, simply can't have a clue. Be they happy…it's their inherent right.

I myself didn't have a clue for many decades, I have to admit, although I formed some ideas and this at least opened up my mind. But when I met with Dan, the one who hasn't been allowed to speak for himself on this forum for some years now, not that he might care, I immediately felt something strange, something that gave me a clue.
It's got something to do with what Jon Reading is talking about here.

Of course, after many years of the typical training one might think, wow, what an extraordinary strong man, but then after he got you from the soft side and you equally felt immediate kuzushi, you might feel helpless.
What they say about old Ueshiba and his ability to kill or destroy with one strike, you will get the idea. It's the truth. At the same time you will appreciate to have met with a peaceful mind, who has been able to make this choice. The other good thing is that if you have an open mind, Dan might welcome you and teach you. He really can do and he can do teach. His teaching method develops by the hour and he's getting his stuff made comprehensible faster and faster.

But no-one is obliged to believe me. If you're lucky, you'll be invited to feel for yourself, but if you only look at those things we call aiki from outside or even only on video, then very likely you might think it's all fake like Tohei did when he first saw O-Sensei, but after he had felt…

Of course we have to rebuild our body and this takes some time and effort, but imho it's worth it.
Even an old man like me is making some progress now…

Best,
Bernd