View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 10:34 AM   #21
Aikibu
Dojo: West Wind Dojo Santa Monica California
United_States
Re: Hiroshima, Nagasaki, O'Sensei

Whew!!!

Who here thinks Total War is justified in any way shape or form???

There is plenty of evidence O'Sensei bowed out of the whole mess during the 30's (During Japan's War against China) even so... War is bigger than anyone personality and thank your lucky stars you live in a country where (at least for now) if you choose you can voice your opinion. Anyone ever think that O'Sensei may have kept his mouth shut because he did not want to lose his head!!??!

And I for one am tired of the 9/11 metaphors... I don't mind hearing about what happened to you that day. I lost family in the WTC.... But thank GOD! I practice hard Aikido and have no fear of making my opinion known. I just pray that we come out of this madness and fear some time soon before one of these idiots in charge does something even more asinine than they have already.

Thats it.

O'Sensei was not a God. He was a man of flesh and blood. I hope to emulate his path but even so the best I can get out of this life is to be a fully realized human being.

I sincerely hope folks focus on the tools he gave us to work with... practice hard... and get off the Diety trip.

Thats exacy what Shoji Nishio did...His hard practice perfected his charactor... NOT the other way around. All he did is follow O'Sensei's "path". Quite Humble about the whole deal too...There are other Martial Artists out there who understand the nature and importance of practice.

That is O'Sensei's true legacy. The sky is the limit if you are sincere and focused with your practice.

We are not here because of what O'Sensei "thought"...

William Hazen