View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 08:50 AM   #26
raul rodrigo
Philippines
Re: Transmission, Inheritance, Emulation 13

Quote:
Peter A Goldsbury wrote: View Post
Hello Raul,

I spent a few hours at the Hombu Dojo yesterday and this included a number of conversations with Doshu.

At one point we discussed aikido history and the present situation, especially the difference between Morihei Ueshiba's worldview and Doshu's own. I can tell you that Doshu laughed aloud at the prospect of a novel full of juicy murders at a summer training seminar. He also laughingly suggested that I should perhaps have it published posthumously, but he promised to read it very carefully and work out for himself who all the fictional characters really were/are.

So, my motivation has been 'renewed'.

PAG
Okay, am glad to hear that. It really sounds like a fun idea, even just to toss plot ideas back and forth over a few beers.

Here's the thing: will the kototama in the hidden scroll turn out to be truly powerful, or will they prove to be a mirage, a finger pointing at the moon? Does a German-speaking shihan, Asai shihan perhaps, (in keeping with the Name of the Rose theme) say at the end, as the dojo burns: "Er muoz gelichesame die leiter abewerfen, so er an ir ufgestigen." As William of B. says at the end of the novel: afterward you must throw the ladder away, because you discover that even if it was useful, it was meaningless.

best,

RAUL