View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 07:13 PM   #25
tarik

Dojo: Iwae Dojo
United_States
Re: Mistakes with kote gaeshi footwork?

Quote:
Robert M Watson Jr wrote: View Post
I think we can agree that the heart of the matter is to validate ones practice in a manner appropriate to ones goals OR take someones word for it. If sword wielding ninjas leaping out of the shower are the venue of concern then that is where the validation needs to happen ...
He was asking about footwork. Ignoring everything else about what the fellow says about ninjas (which I do not actually recall reading about), I believe that he's correct about the footwork.

Quote:
if in the dojo sensei says 'good, good' is the venue then that is where to seek validation. One simply needs to be honest with oneself as to the reasons and goals for one own practice and validate accordingly.
I agree.

Quote:
When I'm feeling particular masochistic I imagine that at any moment O'sensei's ghost wafts in and bellows 'that's not my aikido!' and then I have to figure out does that really matter to me, everyone else or the universe ... and then what do do about it.
Exactly. For me.. I'm too busy pursuing my own (and to some extent, my teacher's) aikido to worry about some imaginary ghost. :-)

Best,

Tarik Ghbeish
Jiyūshin-ryū AikiBudō - Iwae Dojo

MASAKATSU AGATSU -- "The true victory of self-mastery."