Thread: Obesity
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 12:32 PM   #13
Buck
United_States
Re: Obesity and Aikido

Quote:
Cherie Cornmesser wrote: View Post
LOL my weight isn't an issue anywhere. I don't allow it to be.
I seriously doubt that the attempt to make every one the "perfect" weight will succeed. And to be honest people will always have their little prejudices and biases. You know what? That's ok by me. Its kind of hard to make people believe what you want them to you have to show them by actions that they are wrong. Maybe even then they will never accept it or change their viewpoint. Who really cares? In fact for all I know maybe people took one look at me at the start and thought this person will never make it or this person can't possibly be serious... I'm pretty sure I proved to them I can and I am.

Numbers are meaningless. Show me what you can do. All we each can do is live the best life we can live for ourselves. What someone else thinks is irrelevant.

At least a fat aikidokka can still do aikido... how many fat old karateka are out there still as effective as they were when they were younger and thinner? No matter the discipline or the chosen activity we are at least trying to be active.
Kudo! It is great to hear strong positive people confident in who they are, and what they believe in even if it's against the "popular vote." Going against what other's think is best for you isn't easy. Stay strong and positive, I applaud you.