View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 11:14 AM   #7
BritishAikido@ntlworld.
Dojo: Ellis Schools of Traditional Aikido
United Kingdom
Re: "British Aikido - Full Circle" by Henry Ellis

Dear Mr Wyatt
Thank you for your response, there is no need to apologise, I am only too pleased to help the many people who contact me on this subject. Fortunately, there are still a few survivors from that time, we are all still good friends, we keep in regular contact. Of course, yes, there were what could perhaps be referred to as the second generation of Aikido pioneers such as Ralph Reynolds Sensei from Birmingham who did so much to promote Aikido in the Midlands. There wasTom Weir Sensei doing the same in Scotland.
I am also pleased to have a close group of Kenshiro Abbe Sensei’s personal students, two of which worked in the BJC Denmark Street, London office alongside Kenshiro Abbe Sensei in those very early days. We exchange information on a regular basis. There is a growing concern at the number of “ Friends of Kenshiro Abbe Sensei “ …A little more amusing are the growing band of “ Abbe Sensei stayed at my teachers home, Abbe Sensei enjoyed his mothers cooking so much that he stayed for a month “… The BJC I believe had a membership of some 38,000 at that time, but hey !! mums cooking comes first 
Thank you for your personal message and valued comments.
Kind regards
Henry Ellis