View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 09:46 AM   #71
sakumeikan
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
United Kingdom
Re: Diff. styles, 1 Aikido

Quote:
Randall Lim wrote: View Post
United in warm fellowship with all clubs joining one umbrella organisation which takes care of the interests of any Aikido club. A situation in which any Aikido club warmly welcomes any Aikidoka from any other Aikido club to train with them regularly without demanding loyalty.
I like this idea of being open and willing to train in any style or in any group.Unfortunately I think that some instructors are not open minded to this concept.Their egos get in the way and in some cases they want to remain big fish in a little pond.Not only that they by their actions tend to prevent their students from seeking info from others.In fact I myself have been refused opportunities to train with other groups [different organisations] in my own area.I have little chance of fraternising with junior students when the leaders of these dojo maintain a closed shop . Years of aikido in the U.K have convinced me that the idea of a united Aikido multi group of different organisations based on mutual respect is by and large a pipe dream.I am afraid that O Sensei did not take into consideration the frailties of human nature. Still we can only live and hope---
Please note , I welcome the opportunity to practise with any /all people who are sincere.