View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 11:50 AM   #240
David Orange
Dojo: Aozora Dojo
United_States
Re: Aikibudo/Yoseikan Techniques

Quote:
Christian Moses wrote: View Post
Toby Threadgill told the story a few years ago of doing a finger-lock on "Big" Tony Alvarez. He asked Tony if he had the lock, Tony replied that he did, but then smiled and said, "...but I'd lose that finger to kill ya..."
Mochizuki Sensei didn't much care for pressure point techniques because "they work on some people but they don't work at all on others." Which is like the finger techniques, I guess, but I used to know a little man in Birmingham who could make anybody dance with his finger techniques. Anyway, I never saw anyone who could say anything but "Okay! Okay! Okay!" when he got them. That was Alex Marshall, a real phenomenon. I was never able to see him "get" the technique, but I never saw him fail to get it. And when he did, the recipient always lost structure, balance, pride and dignity in complying with Mr. Marshall, who would stand there casually, saying "What's wrong? What's wrong?" and the other guy would be jumping around saying, "Okay! Okay! Okay!"

There must have been some people who could stand his technique, but I never saw one. And he was not yoseikan, by the way, but just a general jujutsuka. Wish he was still with us.

David

"That which has no substance can enter where there is no room."
Lao Tzu

"Eternity forever!"

www.esotericorange.com