View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 03:24 PM   #24
Dalaran1991
France
Re: Sensing energy from far away: is this achievable or BS?

Well, apparently his methods worked on the ladies... some of the time Not very useful for aikido though. Especially since whenever I ask him how to do this and that his only response is "get better" I never ever get a chance to finish a technique because he knows how to kaishi waza out of it, so I never know if I'm getting better or not.

I'm pretty sure I can tell if someone in a bar/night club is about to throw a punch at me. I definitely can not tell when, back when I was training in Paris, my dojomate would sneak up behind me and table-flip or kubisime me. Although their intention was definitely not murderous, so prolly why I can't tell ?

I did considered stopped training with him, but that means I'll have to manage alone. Besides, I was wondering if that's simply my bruised ego talking and that I have to come to terms with the fact that there are stuffs in Aikido that I can't understand at this level.

But it seems that if his tutelage doesn't result in anything but frustration, I'm better off just working solo on my tai sabakis.

Last edited by Dalaran1991 : 11-11-2012 at 03:37 PM.