View Single Post
Old 05-01-2002, 06:40 AM   #4
Brian Vickery
Dojo: Aiki-Buken Aikido
United_States
Quote:
Originally posted by JW

Not being able to afford the $1000 for the class, and not being willing to go pick fights to get comfortable with adrenalin rushes, is the $30 book by this guy (on the webpage in the above post) a good idea? I am wondering how much good the book would do me.
Hello JW!

...I read both of Peyton Quinn's book before I took the course ("Real Fighting" & "A Bouncers Guide to Barroom Brawling", You can get *BOTH* these books from Amazon for about $30), they're really an eye opener! I've incorporated info from both books into the aikido classes I teach, which is easy to do, since Mr. Quinn utilizes many aikido moves in his defenses. (He also speaks very highly of aikido throughout the books!) ...After reading "Real Fighting: Adrenalijne Stress Conditioning Through Senario Based Training" I was convinced I needed to give his course a try! ...which took quite a bit of convincing with a $1,000 price tag! The book is very infomative on the adrenal dump and it's effects on the body and your ability (...or lack there of) to defend yourself under it's effects. So, from an educational stand point, the book is great!

Regards,

Last edited by Brian Vickery : 05-03-2002 at 04:25 PM.

Brian Vickery

"The highest level of technique to achieve is that of having NO technique!"