View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 12:15 AM   #3
Michael Meister
Dojo: South Hetton
United Kingdom
Re: brutal brown belts

Quote:
Lee Southward wrote:
n our organization we have a saying "brutal brown belts" this is because, from red to brown belt you have a million oppertunities to grade, there is always courses on, however once you get brown you have to wait untill sensei picks you to do your shodan, this could take anywhere from 3 months to 3 years. so my point, there is an average of 4 in every 100 brown belts get picked so everyone gets this brutal head on whenever sensei is around, they start smashing people in to the mat and ripping peoples arms off sweating testosterone from every orifice and then smiling at sensei as if to say "LOOK AT MY AIKIDO DOS'NT IT ROCK" sensei must be wetting himself inside but he manages to keep a straight face,the best thing is when you are brown belt you dont even realize you doing it its fantastic to watch.the wurst thing is not to long ago i was one of them. has anyone else noticed this, in your organization.
If it would be in another section I probably would have been able to tell you, it is about realising that your techniques are rubbish. It is also about trying to make them work, with intent in a martial way. I would have been able to tell you, that the way to understanding, how it is done, unfortunately for most people is through brutal aggression. But as you put it in the humor section, I cannot share this wisdom with you, for it is far to serious.
All I can tell you is:
EAT MY DUST!
CU tonight.