View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 11:23 PM   #36
jennifer paige smith

Dojo: Confluence Aiki-Dojo / Santa Cruz Sword Club
United_States
Re: What to do when someone engages you...

Quote:
Clarence Couch wrote: View Post
Speaking of that, what if it's not a person at all, but a big dog,or a pack of dogs, or a rabid dog, or raccoon, etc?
Well, first off I think, in general, you're always better off behind 'em then in front of 'em.

There was a thread a while back about one specific dog incident a forum member encountered.....But I really think it depends on the persons sensitivity and training level, the moment and animal itself.
Unless, of course, the answer is the same one we applied when I worked at a pest control office. Picture this:

Ring-Ring
Me: Good Morning___________(insert business name here) pest control. Can I help you?
Customer: Yes, I have an ant problem. What do you do for ants?
Me: Um. We Kill Em.

Ring-Ring
Me: Good Morning___________(insert business name here) pest control. Can I help you?
Customer: Yes, I have an rodent problem. What do you do for rodents?

Ring-Ring
Customer: Yes, I have a Raccoon problem. What do you do for raccoons?

It also brings to mind a time when a raccoon was marauding around my backyard in town (I'm a country girl, now). He was creeping toward the house when my cat decided to get brave and all I could see was a huge vet bill on the horizon. Well, I guess I didn't know that much 'bout 'coons at the time cuz silly me picked up a hose and tried to run him off with the water. Well , do you know that that little F***er stood right up on his hind legs and practically asked me for a bar of soap to wash his self with. In that particular instance I got whooped, as they say. and he got a nice free shower out of the deal. But the cat got away. So, no harm. No foul. And NO, I didn't give him the bar of soap. "Visit a Howard Johnson's, ya little rat bastard.", I told him. Hahahahahah.

Last edited by jennifer paige smith : 01-01-2009 at 11:29 PM.

Jennifer Paige Smith
Confluence Aikido Systems