Old 12-11-2009, 01:47 PM   #40
Budd

Dojo: Taikyoku Budo & Kiko - NY, PA, MD
United_States
Re: Dan Harden's PA Seminar

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
Hi Budd
I haven't been out to play recently- I've been too busy and also working on a non-fighting injury. I still spar with visitors and what not, but other than the occasional visitor -who has good fight experience-the "martial artists" all pale in comparison. They really have no clue what can really happen to them, and its hard to tell them that, so you just spar with them and it tends to shut them up right quick.
Like me you got the fight experience first, then found internals. So, If I may be so bold-I think you're doing the smart thing. You have enough fight experience to know what works-or at least has the potential to work. That is a huge plus over most traditional guys who are only guessing or following another clueless coach. I think stopping to work on it solo, then in gradual paired pressure, then going out to test it a few times, then back to work is a very good way to build.
Later, you might want to take it on the road with other internal guys. See if you can get hands on with master class ICMA guys. who like to play. Some will entertain it in a limited fashion; LCD, He jin bao, Lou de xiu, etc, You might find it interesting on several levels.
Good luck in your training
Dan
Thanks, Dan, I appreciate the comments - always a work in progress . . yeesh, but that's a nice progression that I've been giving some thought to as well.

Best Regards,