View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 08:06 AM   #48
lbb
United_States
Re: Sensing energy from far away: is this achievable or BS?

Quote:
Long Trinh wrote: View Post
Commuting time will take a big chunks out of my studies, but I can no longer study without training anyway.
I hope you're merely being dramatic here, and I hope you have the perspective to realize it before you do too much harm to your studies. If not, it sounds like a learning disability, and there are probably resources on campus to help you develop an adaptive learning strategy. No, I'm not being facetious, or making fun of you, or making fun of people with learning disabilities. If you're having trouble with your studies, you should address that head on, find the root of the problem and deal with it. A strategy of avoidance and retreat into more pleasurable activities is a recipe for failure.

It's also possible that college is simply not for you. Again, this is something that should be dealt with head-on, rather than "deciding" by avoidance and ultimately flunking out. There's nothing wrong with deciding not to go to college, unless the reason why is because it's too much work of a type that you don't want to do. Unless you're independently wealthy, you'll get a bellyful of that kind of work in life, and you won't be able to opt out of it like you can get out of organic chem at the add-drop.