View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 08:57 AM   #92
chillzATL
United_States
Re: Some similarities in Internal Body Skills between Chinese and Japanese arts

As an outsider to the "group" here, but someone who is inspired by the conversation and sincerely wants to learn more, the bickering is disappointing. This topic is the single most interesting thing that I've read relating to martial arts in a decade or more and it's sad to see it being brought down by the same subtle trolling that I can find on a million other sites around the web...

I'm supposed to be the target audience for this stuff! The same person you talked about in threads 2-3 years ago that you wanted to be interested in it and who should want to learn more. Now it's hard enough to get any information at all!! It's like the whole concept of it has regressed back to the point of you being worthy or dedicated enough to be worth discussing it with in the first place. I'm almost afraid to ask questions for fear of being regarded as some scrub who's looking for a "handout". Which is ironic considering how often that was discussed as being the reason these concepts and applications haven't been more wide spread over the decades. How the hell can you say that you want people to learn this stuff and then have that attitude towards outsiders who want to ask questions?

Anyway, like I said, it's hard enough to get clear information as it is, it's even harder when the channels are clogged up with two people who actually know something, bickering back and forth over nonsense. As your supposed target audience, I beg you, give it a rest!