View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 12:38 PM   #8
Cynrod
United_States
Re: Dojo Recommendations in Nevada?

Hi Marc,

Maybe I can offer you my help on your inquiries in regards to Aikido dojos here in the Vegas area. I know a few of them and I trained with some of them.

There's Boulder City Aikikai (Birankai affiliated) on the 2nd floor of Boulder City Rec. Center. Bud sensei and Gene sensei are the head instructors there. Las Vegas Aikikai at the Winchester Cultural Center on Mc Leod and Desert In. Scott sensei is the instructor there and also with the Birankai. Vegas Valley Aikido in Henderson at the Black Mountain Rec Center (ASU). Mindy sensei is the head instructress there together with Genrick. Ki Aikido Las Vegas at Cambridge Rec Center on Cambridge and Flamingo. Tsuma sensei is the instructor. Henderson Aikido in Henderson (Iwama) on Middlegate Road in Henderson with Mendibles sensei. Those are the dojos with Hombu Dojo affiliations.

Some of the independent dojos are the Paradise Aikido on McLeod/Tropicana at the Paradise Rec. Center by Lau sensei. Traditional Karate and Aikido on Eastern and Ritchmar at the Sansone business complex by Dom and Stan senseis. Desert Monkey Dojo on Decatur/Flamingo is one of them.

Last but not the least is Stan Pranin sensei (Iwama) who teaches at his home garage in Henderson. You have to send Stan sensei an email before you can get an answer from him.

I hope these dojos will be of some help to you.

Take Care.

"For The Secret That The Warrior Seeks: You Must Know That The Basic Principles Lie In The Study Of The Spirit." - Morihei Ueshiba