View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 07:02 PM   #52
MrIggy
Dojo: Aikido Klub Tisa - Novi Sad
Serbia
Re: Escape from ikkyo ??

Quote:
Aleksey Nikolaevich wrote: View Post
You implied that kicking people in the head and choking them was part of Aikido,by citing fringe examples. Your goal was to contradict the fact that mainstream Aikido has a pacifist philosophy to which it mostly complies around the world. This was a No True Scotsman Fallacy on your part, and I called it as such.
And it is a part, unfortunately not of your training it seems. And those examples aren't "fringe", the kick to the head option I was taught from the very beginning (6 kyu) and as for chokes, in fact I've learned some of them early as well, plus at seminars we used to learn them with other "advanced" stuff. As for you, first you have to define "mainstream" Aikido because it seems for instance that your and my training were quite different and I've never actually witnessed the supposed "pacifist philosophy", all I was taught was to not humiliate the opponent and that's it.

Quote:
Note again - Aikido kneeling pins. Not just "any pin utilizing the knee". For example you could pin someone with Knee On Belly or Knee On Back, which are far more reliable than an Aikido kneeling pins that kotegaeshi or ikkyo end with.
Knee on belly is not a good pin for a cop, depending on what you mean by knee on back yes that's actually more reliable. Do you actually know which knee pins you can use from kotegaeshi or ikkyo for that matter? Knee pins on the head and shoulder for instance?

Quote:
Since you mentioned cops - when a cop is accosted by a violent suspect, ALONE, there's no way they're even going to try using something as fragile as Aikido kneeling pins. Have you ever tried getting anyone who is actively resisting, into such a pin, and holding them there?
Yes we did do that. But first you have to explain which knee pins do you actually think you know?

Quote:
And we go back straight to No True Scotsman fallacy, which you just explicitly used again
And there you go again with the quasi logic bullshit.