View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 11:57 PM   #4
Todd Lambert
Japan
Re: It Had to be Felt #4: Arikawa Sadateru: "Please, put your hand Down!"

Quote:
Niall Matthews wrote: View Post
I already replied to this column once. As I said in my comment I knew Arikawa Sensei and trained with him for twenty years. I was almost exclusively his uke at the hombu dojo for the last 13 years of his life. So I thought my experience was certainly relevant to a column with this title.

But Ellis Amdur apparently asked for my comment to be removed. Not because it is incorrect or untrue. I stand by everything I wrote. It is because I mentioned something about inexperience.
As I recall, Mr. Amdur set some ground-rules (with the support of forum administration) in his introductory post regarding his IHTBF series. In his subsequent posts, he briefly laid out those ground-rules again, and linked to the original post with those rules clearly stated. He also explained what action(s) he would take if posters were unable or unwilling to follow those rules.

You chose to ignore his requests, and he took the action he clearly stated he would. That you would deprive all of us of the wealth of his experience by your own heedless action is a real shame.