Thread: Monthly Dues
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2004, 04:07 AM   #1
villrg0a

Dojo: Shuryukan Yoshinkai Aikido
Saudi Arabia
Monthly Dues

Hello all

I have a problem with one of my Kohai's. He's been around the club for sometime, he's currently 1st kyu. He started as a white belt but had about 10 years of experience in other aikido schools where he came from. When he started out with our club we gave him the usual club membership fee, and of course the monthly dues orientation.

My problem is this....he only paid the membership fee, but never paid his monthly dues but keeps on practicing with us regulary (special guest?), and acts as if he is the only one who knows everything. Dojocho is not at all happy but recognizes kohais' uke skills. Reminders...reminders.... nothing seems to go through him. We tried to implement a per session scheme to try and accomodate him but still nothing. Now we are back with the monthly dues, issued a memo, and posted it on the board reminding everybody of their payment, still nothing.

We are renting and sharing our space with another group, and most of the collection goes to rental. Sometime our collections are not enough to get us by and we have to pay through our own pockects. I dont want to bybass the dojocho, but if it were up to me, I will kick this kohai out.

Have any of you encountered similar problems before? How did you handle it?

Regards