View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 06:52 AM   #48
chillzATL
United_States
Re: Is aiki a clash of forces?

Quote:
Chris Hein wrote: View Post
Jason,
I'm totally interested, that's why I keep coming back.
The "why would you ask if you already know the answer" is what keeps getting us in trouble. So that's why I'm asking. I would use the word dantien just like I would use the word core, if I were talking about, martial arts.

Hunter is describing something different then I would, so I'm asking. And trying to show video, that compares different things, to clarify. You know, discussion.
Well, I guess that's my point really. You've said that you know internals, yet your descriptions for most of this stuff differs from those of us who are also into this internal stuff, experts or not. It also seems to differ from what the chinese use themselves. They have a pretty broad vocabulary and they seem to draw a clear line between what is external and what is internal. They don't seem to use the same words for what a linebacker or wrestler would do to resist someones push vs.what CXW was doing in the video that was being discussed recently. I would think that alone would make you less hesitant to hang your hat on your definitions for these things and a little more curious about getting out and feeling what people are talking about. Back when we were both still on Sigman's forum I thought you got out and met some people, but being that you're essentially having the same discussion here, from the same angle, I assume not?