Thread: "combat"
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 08:56 AM   #14
Chris Evans
United_States
Freaky! ....so much time rationalizing...

Quote:
Phi Truong wrote: View Post
years ago Dennis Hooker sensei said "Uke does 50%. Nage does 50%. That makes 100% aikido." so half of the time, as uke, we learn how to fight/attack; the other half, we learn how to defend. if we don't attack well, then our defensive sucks (which is a technical term of getting our ass kicked to kingdom come). to say aikido has no fighting is to not doing uke job. it's all about fighting and resolve such conflict, sometimes hard, sometimes soft and anywhere in between.

you know i have not encountered a martial art that spent so much time rationalizing their action and trying so hard to come out smelling like roses; yet ignoring the manure that makes the roses smell so nice.
ha haaah, good description of over thinking aikidoka: "...so much time rationalizing their action and trying so hard to come out smelling like roses; yet ignoring the manure that makes the roses [look] so nice..."

Just train hard, but seek out strong yet open-minded & humble instruction: "I hurt, therefore I am."

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."