View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 03:45 PM   #32
Kevin Leavitt

Dojo: Team Combat USA
United_States
Re: The MOST important technique?

Mary,

You don't support good attacks? That is what I meant by tactical. All attacks should be centered and realistic. How does that differ from your opinion?

I think a logical conclusion in most cases is to fall if your balance is taken. However, it may mean moving to regain your balance. I don't believe it should be a predetermined conclusion that she will always fall, if that is not an appropriate response. Balance taken does cause things to happen...like falling.

I don't practice Aikido to practice fighitng, i practice it to learn aikido. I do other things to practice fighting.

I believe much of this is semantics.....however, again, and of course it is my opinion....practicing to have KI is like practicing to see if you have eyes and can see...kind of a useless practice since you already can do this.

Practicing how to use what you inately already possess is what you are really doing...again...my opinion.

Í don't mean to imply my way is the only way...hence the words I use like "I think" and "my opinion"

The wonderful thing about aikido is that it allows people to experience things and interpret them for themselves. Don't believe I have ever said my way is the only way!