View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 11:07 AM   #26
dapidmini
Dojo: Surabaya Aikido Dojo
Indonesia
Re: It's getting annoying..

thanks for all your comments. I see now how a comment can be so different when it's coming from someone who really understands the situation an OP is having and those who don't.

Quote:
Hanna Björk wrote: View Post
Well.

Yeah.

But.

Why doesn't the dojo have more yudansha? Perhaps it is something in how the dojo is operated and how the classes are taught, that make them disappear. Maybe they all get worn out by having this burden laid on them. They don't yet know how to learn from training with beginners, and they seldom feel they get much out from practise.

Teaching mixed level classes, including beginners, while giving something to all levels is difficult. I really don't think that those who never trained in such a setting, and much less taught such classes, will understand.

Perhaps you recieved lots of pushing and help before the shodan test, and now your teacher puts part of that energy elsewhere? Still, it's not clever letting the advanced students feel they are almost forgotten and ignored. David S, maybe you should talk to your teacher about it. There's no guarantee you'll have satisfying answers from him. But maybe you'll get him thinking. Perhaps he can compensate you by tossing you aroung for a couple of minutes, a couple of times during class, so you'll be happy to go back to the beginners to get some rest or something like that. (Oh yes, you learn a lot from taking ukemi from skilled people) OTOH he may get angry at you and think you are ungrateful. Well... you are already thinking about leaving if the situation doesn't get any better, right?
thanks for the reply, Hanna. I still love Aikido and would like to continue training in the dojo, if possible. the people are actually quite nice as a person so I'd like to hang around them. but in appropriate times. and I love Sensei's aikido and techniques..

well, I think I'll try using some of the ways to get enough exercise for a while.. let's see how it works out.

Last edited by dapidmini : 03-17-2012 at 11:10 AM.