View Single Post
Old 04-28-2004, 04:57 PM   #39
Doka
Re: The evolution of Kamae

Quote:
Chuck Clark wrote:
If you are always in a "combative" posture waiting for an incoming attack, I feel sorry for you. Obviously, we can't always be in a "combative" posture while living our life. The key is to be able to switch very naturally and quickly into whatever mode is necessary to serve our purpose. Ongoing natural zanshin that is easy and relaxed can enable us to make the intuitive, creative decisions necessary for action.
Hi Chuck

"If we train our combat from and in kamae, then in combat we will easily FIND our kamae!

If we do not train from kamae, but move to kamae, we are used to being in a non-combative posture when attacked. In the confusion we [might] stay there!"

I am certainly not in a combative stance all the time. I would look a right prat! My point (when I was falling asleep at the keyboard) was refering to muscle memory.

I am quite happy with my use of "we" - it means myself and some others, not everybody.

L. Camejo,

Try keeping a calm and stable centre when you see your friend clubbed around the back of the head with a tire iron!!!