View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 08:46 PM   #126
Keith Larman
Dojo: AIA, Los Angeles, CA
United_States
Re: Is aiki a clash of forces?

Fortunately, Chris, you being convinced to your satisfaction via discussion in an on-line forum is not a requirement for something to be the case. I've seen a tremendous amount of explanation here in this thread and in others, but since it's apparently not enough for *your* satisfaction, well, I suppose you're destined to be frustrated.

So here's to wishing you the best of luck until you finally find a way to actually experience it. Since obviously none of us are up to the task of explaining it to your satisfaction. You rather obviously already have some serious opinions about what it's all about based on your other experiences. Must be nice to have such clarity -- I've been trying to find it myself for quite some time now. Unfortunately I've been the idiot who has taken the time to get on the mat with guys who challenged my understanding. I guess that's the secret -- stay behind a computer and demand explanation from those who've actually taken the time to find out for themselves. Then discount their prior experience, knowledge and direct hands-on experience through your filters of experiences (some probably quite good) and lack thereof of experience (of the actual people under discussion). That certainly makes life easier...