View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 02:50 PM   #2
Kevin Leavitt

Dojo: Team Combat USA
United_States
Re: tips on ki meditation

I have found it very difficult to meditate without a good teacher, and they are hard to find.

Right now, Krishnamurti is working for me. Read some of his writings, although you will probably find yourself not wanting to meditate after reading it, as he kinda shows you that reaching peace and enlightment (happiness) is not all about meditation.

I find meditation to be an excellent practice for calming the mind, and focusing etc. I will also tell you that I will do it...then not do it...then do it...then say it don't work...then say...wow I really should do this again.

If you are new to all this, it will take alot of time to figure out what works for you.

You might also find that it does not work the way you hoped it would, but find that you benefit in other ways.

It is typically not a path of linear progression where you do it for so many hours and develop KI or anything else that you can measure specifically.

You may simply learn that "wow...this just plain sucks" abandon it...then years later go "oh...I get it now!"

I bought some stuff from audible.com

Pema Chodron.....Sharon Salzburg..the Insight Meditation folks...are all good.

Find a local support group...or a teacher.

Good luck in your pursuit!