View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 09:52 AM   #318
Budd

Dojo: Taikyoku Budo & Kiko - NY, PA, MD
United_States
Re: Internal Power Development Methods

Well, it becomes something of a "game" too in that if I can prove via an assertion or trapping of your words that I can somehow be right and you wrong - then that gives me some sort of perceived authority in these discussions - even though in this instance, Internal Power Development methods *appears* like it should be cut and dried . .

Based on a PM I received, someone correctly pointed out that there's some details that we don't go into when comparing methods, because some of the goods are kept for our own . . and while I agree with that . . I also make note of Mike's point above in that if I try to explain exactly how I'm working on connecting my body from the inside out . . if you don't have that same baseline understanding or foot in the door . . you might agree with what I'm saying, but not because you understand what I mean -- conversely you might disagree for the same reason.

So it becomes a trick of 1) enabling the sharing of the same baseline knowledge and 2) speaking enough of a common language around "this stuff" to be on the same page.

I've found that until I get hands on with somebody, I really can't know for sure where they're coming from - especially having encountered enough disconnects (from myself and others) in "what we say vs. what we do" that the safest assumption is the base/core logic and leave the details for face to face.

Last edited by Budd : 11-21-2009 at 09:59 AM.