View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 02:21 PM   #214
ChrisHein

Dojo: Aikido of Fresno
United_States
Re: Why do you perceive "internal" superior to athleticism?

Quote:
Janet Rosen wrote: View Post
I asked a question at the start of this thread that remains unanswered. It is not posed as a challenge but as one who lacks knowledge, so I am re-asking it.
I have done/am doing some of the basic IS exercises so have a rudimentary understanding of what folks are discussing when they discuss that half of the thread topic.
Chris, I still don't know what you mean by athletic training. In a very recent post you say " not that" to reply to someone and refer to a dynamic training. But I for one have no idea what athletic training exercises you are talking about (I asked if you meant things like Pilates or plyometrics and never got an answer) nor which sports use these methods; you want folks to "compare and contrast" but your half of the topic remains undefined.
Can you please describe the exercises used in athletics? Thank you.
Janet,
Sorry I didn't answer earlier. There are lots of questions to look at. I mean all athletics training. So any sport training, or any isolated sports movements like weight lifting or what have you. If I were to pick one athletic practice, I would choose the sport of American Football.

But any areas where IP and athletics might have the same goals (moving heavy weights, dynamically using the body, explosive force etc.) why would IP be a favored method of training over common athletic training. Plyometrics, aerobics, mobility training, agility drills, are all parts of what I would call common athletics training.